Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Beaming Ear to Ear

Good Evening Families!

I have to share some news. Today, we welcomed a new student from Congo into our classroom. As this student does not speak English confidently, I had asked our class to be friendly, as usual,  but careful not to overwhelm him. My, oh, my! Not only was I impressed by our class, I am so proud of them. So many students went out of their way today to welcome Michel (Me-Shell) and show him the 5th grade ropes. He seemed to have a great day and, I know, he appreciated all of the effort everyone put in.

Not only that, but we might have community members, as well as parents at the ready to work with Michel. Reading with him, working on vocabulary, and just showing him that he is a part of our school is going to be an amazing opportunity. This is a testament to the giving spirit of the Pewaukee family - rallying to help others. I love it.

You guys are awesome!

To many more successful days. Hooray!

~Ms. Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Classroom Fish Tank

These are our fish! They still don't have names but enjoy your company. Click in the aquarium to feed our classroom pets!