Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Crystals

Yesterday afternoon, our group of agents donned the lab coat again to create crystals. We mixed equal parts of ammonia, salt, water, and bluing liquid and poured them over our host sponges. As the air started to work its magic, we hypothesized on what color the crystals might be, what shape, and how long it would take to develop. We had quite a range of guesses! Here is our prediction sheet below:


Last night, as I was packing up, I stopped by the crystal corner to see if there were any indication of crystallization. Our experiment was finished at about 2:15 yesterday, and just over 4 hours later, there was a sign of growth! Each bucket had a different phase of crystallization. Take a look:






Upon walking in this morning, 12 hours later, this is what I found:






What will happen next? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Classroom Fish Tank

These are our fish! They still don't have names but enjoy your company. Click in the aquarium to feed our classroom pets!